About the Hotel
Centrally located in Sonoma, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen reflects the town’s casual elegance with its comfortably appointed rooms, convenient amenities, and farm-driven California cuisine. Renowned for its cozy-yet-sophisticated aesthetic, this contemporary boutique hotel features award-winning dining at the famed El Dorado Kitchen. A solar-heated, saltwater pool with plush cabanas complements a lively bar and a lush outdoor garden courtyard. Each of the hotel’s 27 guest rooms offers views from private balconies of Sonoma Plaza and beyond to nearby vineyards.
El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is housed in the landmark Salvador Vallejo building, built in 1843 for the brother of Sonoma Valley’s founder. One of the town’s most historic structures, this adobe building has been through various incarnations throughout the decades, including periods as a school, church, and wine-making facility. Thoughtfully redesigned and modernized for today’s guests, El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is located just steps from Sonoma Plaza’s hip art galleries, world-class wine tasting rooms, and specialty boutiques.
On site, spacious guest rooms are designed with French doors, private balconies, and modern, complimentary amenities. Guests can dine at El Dorado Kitchen, enjoying fresh, seasonally sourced fare indoors or out. Visitors are encouraged to relax on cushioned chaises by our solar-heated pool or end the day curling up in an inviting fireplace lounge. Of course, anyone wishing to harken back to the past needn’t look further than the building’s courtyard, where they’ll glimpse the owner’s’ prized fig tree, aged over 150 years.
Our enthusiasm for Sonoma, its people, and its culture is evident in everything we do. You see it in our locally focused wine list and in our commitment to working with area farmers; it’s there in our longstanding relationships with the community’s most trusted special event personnel and in our staff’s recommendations for Sonoma’s best vineyards and hiking trails. We make your wine country getaway a memorable one by looking to the very people just beyond our doors.
- Contemporary design aesthetic that blends urban sophistication with wine country spirit
- Guest rooms that open to private balconies or terraces
- Outdoor solar-heated saltwater pool
- El Dorado Kitchen serving fresh, contemporary, seasonal California cuisine
- Located in the heart of Sonoma and surrounded by wineries and restaurants
- Event and private dining spaces including full property buyout
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In-room illy espresso machine
- Luxury Linens
- Tivoli Bluetooth audio system
- Reusable water bottles
- Plush robes
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Check in time 3pm; Check out time 11am.
- A one-night credit card deposit is required to confirm reservations. Five (5) days prior notice of cancellation required to avoid penalty.
- El Dorado Hotel accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover & American Express.
- El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen is a smoke-free property and pets are not allowed.
- No elevators on premise.
- Any no-show reservations will be charged in full.
- Two night minimum required on weekends.
- All rates are subject to 14% tax and may change without notice.